About the Castafari Offshore Fishing Seminar
Captain Damon Sacco and Castafari Inc. will be working around the clock to prepare for the 4th Annual Castafari Big Game Fishing Seminar. Our 2017 event welcomed over 400 guests and over 40 participating vendors. We are excited to announce that the 2018 event will be at a new and improved location! We are bringing the event back to the Quincy Marriott which is our original location where the Big Game Bash was held. Please check out the Location page for more information. The Castafari seminar will offer 40 different topics to choose from, 18 hands on workshops, and the most comprehensive bait-rigging instruction ever offered at any fishing seminar (Ballyhoo, mullet, bluefish, mackerel, skip baits, strip baits, stick baits, butterfish, and squid).
After co-founding the Big Game Bash seminar in 2009, Castafari went on to join forces with J&B Tackle, presenting the Castafari Offshore Seminar Series. As always, J&B Tackle will be setting up a fully loaded retail store at this event, and offering a vast array of products and discounts. J&B has more than proved to be one of the best and most reputable tackle centers in the northeast. They've been around for 35 plus years in the offshore industry and for good reason.
Castafari, Inc. is no stranger to creating and hosting successful big game fishing events, ie: The Hyannis Tunafest, Oak Bluffs Bluewater Classic, and Big Game Bash. The Castafari Seminar will offer a vast array of knowledge, experience, and products to bluefin tuna and northeast canyon fishermen. Our speakers hold state and world records and countless tournament wins and accomplishments. All of them are worth checking out on our speakers page page. A seminar is only worth what presentations and knowledge it has to offer which in the end will help save you time and money, and more importantly, connect you to fish!
This exclusive 2 DAY event will enable you to experience ALL of the presentations and amenities we have to offer.
- Doors open at Noon on Saturday, February 10th and 8 am Sunday, February 11th.
- Complimentary Lunch Buffet On Saturday and Breakfast Buffet On Sunday
- Get a chance to Win A FREE GALAPAGOS FISHING ADVENTURE if you register by January 15th (someone is going)
- Over $15,000 in Door Prizes and 40 vendors setting up at our show!
- Price of admission is $165.00
- SPECIAL HOTEL ROOM RATE OF $119 is available!
- Ticket Holders will get incredible discounts on tackle and accessories.
Learn from the Pros - 2 Full Days of Detailed Presentations
Capt. Damon Sacco, Capt. Mark Decabia, Capt. Andy Moyes, Capt. John Bunar, Dr. Greg Skomal, Capt. John Galvin, Capt. Jack Sprengel, Capt. Joe Shute, Capt. Tommy Howd, Capt. Roland Beamish, Capt. Tim Picket, Capt. Terry Nugent, Capt. Joe Ferrulle, Dr. Mitch Roffer, , Capt Seth Funt, Capt. Scott Sinclair, and Capt. Bill Shouldice. Check out their bios.
40 Different Topics To Choose From!!
- Northeast Yellowfin Tuna Tagging (where they go and why!) Dr. Jeff Kneebone--NEW 2018
- Chumming Fish Deep Beneath Boat (chum bombs), Capt. Seth Funt--NEW 2018
- New Tips Trolling East Of Chatham (how it's evolved), Capt. Damon Sacco--NEW 2018
- How To Read Water (not just temperature!), Capt. Mark DeCabia & Dr. Mitch Roffer--NEW 2018
- Swordfishing At The Canyons (Tokatomist Style), Capt. Tommy Howd--NEW 2018
- Marlin Trolling Andy Moyes Style (up from FLA!), Capts. Andy Moyes & Joe Ferrulle--NEW 2018
- How To Find Fish At Canyons(make the report...don't read it), Capt. Mark DeCabia--NEW 2018
- Slow Trolling Live Bait With A Kite(deadly on bluefin!), Capt. Seth Funt --NEW 2018
- Importance Of Teasers & How (a must at the canyons), Capts. John Galvin, Roland Beamish, Mark DeCabia--NEW 2018
- Getting Into The Bluefin Game (what you need and how), Capts. John Galvin & Kyle Douton--NEW 2018
- Chasing Hard Tails In The Fall (trolling/casting to bonito & albies), Capt. Terry Nugent--NEW 2018
- Topwater Tuna Fast and Furious (Staying on fast-moving fish), Capt. Jack Sprengel--NEW 2018
- Deep Dropping Techniques Swords ( What, How, & Where), Capt. Tim Pickett
- The Tuna Chunking Game (Both Day & Night Strategies), Capt. Mark DeCabia
- Jaws In Our Backyard (great white sharks of Cape Cod), Dr. Gregory Skomal
- Fishing With A Planer (How To Target Tuna Down Deep), Capt. John Galvin
- Stellwagon Bank Fishing For Bluefin (live and dead bait), Capt. John Bunar
- Bigeye Tuna...Next Frontier (why 10% catch 90%), Capt. Mark DeCabia
- Get The Dredge Edge (how & why on the dredge difference), Capt. John Galvin
- Advanced Jig And Pop Methods For Tuna (topwater focus), Capt. Jack Sprengel
- Trolling Natural Skirted Baits (get the bait egde trolling), Capt. Joe Shute
- Introduction To Fishing The Canyons(what, where, and how), Capt. John Galvin and Kyle Douton
- How To Track Offshore Temperature Breaks, Dr. Mitch Roffer
Hands on Workshops
- Attaching Weights, Lights, & Balloons To Your Mainline, Capts. Tommy Howd & Tim Pickett --NEW 2018
- Knowing Your Big Game Lures...What, Where, & Why, Capt. Andy Moyes--NEW 2018
- How To Rig Your Big Game Terminal Tackle, Capt. Billy Shouldice--NEW 2018
- Break Away Systems For Deep Dropping IGFA LEGAL, Capts. Tommy Howd & Tim Pickett--NEW 2018
- Rigging Up For Topwater Tuna Game (hands on,) Capt. Jack Sprengel--NEW 2018
- How To Rig A Trolling Dredge ( 2 different methods), Capts.Mark DeCabia & Seth Funt--NEW 2018
- Rigging A Circle Hookbait, Capt. John Galvin--NEW 2018
- Rigging Strip Baits For Swordfish, Capts. Tommy Howd, Seth Funt, & Tim Pickett
- How To Make A Chum Bomb, Capt. Seth Funt
- Rigging Ballyhoo & Mackerel For Trolling Applications, Capt. Joe Shute, John Galvin, Scott Sinclair HAPPENS TWICE
- How To Rig A Cockpit Harpoon For Tuna & Swords, Capt. John Galvin --HAPPENS TWICE
- How To Skirt & Re-Skirt Your Big Game Lures & Hook-Sets, Capt. Roland Beamish
- Throwing A Cast Net From Start To Fishing (you do it!), Capt. John Bunar---HAPPENS TWICE
- Learn Knots & Connections (mono to braided line), Capt. Jack Sprengel
- Rigging Canyon Chunking Hook-Baits, Capts. Mark DeCabia, Tommy Howd Damon Sacco
- Rigging A Swordfish Bait The Right Way, Capts. Tommy Howd, Tim Pickett, Seth Funt
- Rigging A Swimming Mullet and/or Bluefish, Capt. Joe Shute
- Bridling Your Live Baits (Front and Back Bridling), Capts Billy Shouldice, Seth Funt, and Scott Sinclair